Overthinking

Name : Syed Khaledur Rahman Al-aqsa

Id : 24101426


Have you ever found yourself in a maze of thoughts, well if you have then welcome to the wild world of overthinking.



 It’s like getting lost in your own mind where every thought leads to another and before you know it you will start to sink in with your own thoughts.

Sounds familiar? Don’t worry you are not alone I have spent hours just to figure out a problem that didn’t even exist.



For example, every time I get a text message from my friends, I spent hours just to analyze the hidden meaning or emotion of the text on the other hand because I am spending so much time analyzing the text, I often can’t reply properly leaving my friends to perceive my delayed response as arrogance. This is just a fraction of my daily life overthinking.

 Sometimes I can’t even start a task without overthinking all the outcome and possibilities which often lead to adding that task to my to-do list for the next day. Because of overthinking I have missed lots of opportunities in my life. If I just stopped thinking and took the opportunities my life would have been so much different. I bet a lot of overthinkers out there feels like this and if you are an overthinker too maybe you already have started to overthink about the stuff I just said.

So, after discussing all of this it feels like overthinking is a curse. Well, it is but there are some benefits of overthinking too like an overthinker can spend hours in their imaginary world so they apparently don’t need any other kind of media to entertain them even when there will be no internet connection, they can entertain themselves by their imaginations. Jokes apart sometimes overthinking can be good. An overthinker always thinks every possibility of a situation. So, if something goes wrong, they have already thought about that possibility too as a result even the worst outcome doesn’t affect them mentally. They never judge someone too fast as a result most of the time their judgments turn out to be right. But even there are some good sides there are a lot of bad side of overthinking.


Personally, I would say it’s a curse. Every overthinker wants to get rid of this curse but they really don’t know how and often they end up in a loop. For starter you can start with stop thinking about the stuff you can’t control. Often overthinkers caught up themselves thinking about the stuff they can’t control. There are no benefits of thinking about the stuff you can’t control also you shouldn’t even think about the stuffs you can control. Cause you know you can control it so just start doing it. Another worst thing is overthinkers always create imaginary walls in their own mind. Those walls are about why they can’t do that task also all the problems they can face during the task. Sometimes those walls don’t even exist in real life, if they just take the first step, they will find out those problems that they were thinking about didn’t even exist.


If I have to say one genuine solution then that will be just take the first step and everything will smooth be along the way. I know it doesn’t sound like a proper solution but trust me this is what reduced my overthinking a lot and this is all you need, to overcome the madness of overthinking. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

Redefining Greatness: Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro

The Beautiful Game